Monday, 13 February 2012

Project 366 - Week 6

I'm feeling some photographic progress, which is what I wanted to accomplish from this challenge.  Still plenty to learn and develop but I'm stepping in the right direction.


A couple of things I've learned this week;
1) To remember to take my camera with me even on those days when I think that I won't need it, like a boring trip up the road.  It's amazing what I might see or happen
2) That patience does pay off.  Most of us taking part in this challenge know that on Thursday 6th, Auckland saw an amazing sunset followed by a full moon.  I headed off that evening to attempt to take some shots of the moon, but the clouds were thick and I thought that I would never see it and had missed my photo opportunity that day (and hadn't taken any other shots that day, so was beginning to stress!).  But with a little encouragement and sitting it out, I managed to get a shot of the full moon rising over the harbour bridge.  Happy girl!
3) That a lot of photos do not end up on this blog!!!


Thanks to Belinda's encouragement, I am only using the full manual shooting function on my camera now.  At the moment this means I'm slower at taking shots as I'm still learning to quickly adjust both aperture and shutter settings myself, but on a positive note, I'm learning and getting better each week.  I also played around with the manual focus (i.e. switching the auto focus off) as I found this worked better with any landscape shots I took. 


Feb 5th - learning about gravity

Feb 6th - Superbowl day!!!

Feb 7th - Plunket weigh in

Feb 8th - school injury

Feb 9th - moonrise  ISO 200, f4.5, 4.0sec

Feb 10th - he sleeps.....finally

Feb 11th - Happiness is.....home baking



8 comments:

  1. Wow, wow, wow Jodie your pictures this week are fantastic! Great work on the manual settings - very shortly it'll just become second nature and you'll be away (even more so than you already are). I absolutely LOVE the moon rising over the harbour bridge - I nearly drove off the road when I saw it last Thursday, you've captured it perfectly. Also love the perspective on the 10th..ooo...can't wait until next week :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for taking time out to comment!!

      Delete
  2. such great photos this week jodes i agree with Jax, love the moon shot, the lighting is amazing and you've captured it so well. patience is a virtue, so pleased you stuck it out after your text!! and i can't believe how big elliot is!! other favourite shot for me is school injury - poor monkey!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The moon night was lots of playing with diff settings and hoping that what I was seeing on the (small) camera screen was acceptable to publish!!

      Delete
  3. Awesome pics Jodie - well done on using those manual settings. That must be satisfying!
    The moon rise is definitely a great pic - YAY for sitting it out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. AMAZING pics this week Jodie, very impressive. Favs this week for me are the 5th and the 9th.

    Good on you for being so vigilent and waiting to get that shot - a more patient woman than i am! Haha..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Patience or more of 30min of peace to myself so wanted to enjoy a rare moment!! Haha

      Delete