Saturday, 2 June 2012

a special woman


Special cargo, a special woman and a privilege for me.

Back in Week 20, I mentioned that one of my best friends had allowed herself to be my model for a couple of days and let me photograph her pregnant.  Amazingly she has allowed me to post these images on this blog.

Pregnancy is a very vulnerable time for a woman.  Some cope better than others.  Some love being pregnant.  Some do not.  I am very grateful that my friend allowed me to do this, as it is a big ask.  I hope that I have taken some shots that she will love and share with her family and friends.  

My friend is always there for me and when she needs support or help, I try very hard to be there for her.  I have known this beautiful, funny woman since high school and I know that I am very privileged to still have her in my life after such a long time.  It is a treasure.


We now have children that are close in age so have shared many laughs, tears and fun and I'm sure there will be plenty more of that to come.


I love my friend.  And the great thing is, I know she loves me too.  xx









No comments:

Post a Comment