I am very fortunate that two of my best friends are friends I made at high school. We are all quite different and have different lives - with one living in Hong Kong - but then we are the same in many ways also.
Despite all the challenges and changes that life can throw at you, we have maintained an easy relationship and friendship that can be picked up and carried on regardless. Life can be busy, but our thoughts are always for each other, no matter how long since we last saw each other or spoke. I love these girls.
Then about four months ago, something happened that linked all of us and gave us one other thing in common, all three of are now mothers.
It is so great seeing my best friend finally being something that she had wanted for so many years. She is thriving in this new stage in her life and often sending me messages that she is now relating to what I had been going through (tiredness, sick children, frustration, love for another being).
I will try to make sure that my boys love you, Isla, as much as I love your mummy.
xxx

No comments:
Post a Comment