Tuesday, 24 September 2013

Project 52 : 33/52


Long Exposure

I live in a great little community.  I live on a little peninsula in Auckland with a population of over 12,000 people.  It has all sorts of cultures and a range of economic levels but broadly, this is a working class, family area.  

My Nana and Poppa lived here and so I spent many weekends with them. From their dining room window we admired this great view of the Auckland CBD.  I loved watching the city lights dance at night.  So when we moved here 7 years ago, the view that I get every time I drive off and on the peninsula, I am taken back to those simple Saturday lunches I  shared with my Nana and Poppa.  

Tonight I wanted to get the city in with a recent full moon and link it in to my long exposure theme for the week.  You will see that the moon isn't sharp. This is because my shutter speed was so slow/long that the 'blur' is actually how much the moon has travelled over approximately 2mins (depending on the pic).

I love Rangitoto making a peak in the background.

Settings:
ISO 100, f/11, SS 2mins 30sec



Settings:
ISO 100, f/11, SS 2mins


No comments:

Post a Comment