Sunday, 17 November 2013

Project 52 : 44/52


Halloween 

I have never gotten into Halloween.  It has always been an American thing for me.  We never did trick or treating as a kid, probably because we lived in a more rural setting, and probably because my parents' couldn't be bothered with it all so never encouraged us kids to get into it.  Sure if there was lollies around, I wasn't going to turn them down, but the effort required to get them was too hard.

A few of us involved in this challenge headed to Helensville cemetery one night have a play in the dark, get some shots, and maybe (??) provide some support and hand holding in a spooky place.  I do not cope with death well and was saddened upon seeing the age of some of the graves and the age of those who were buried.  I wondered what lives these people had lived and what things they struggled with in their daily lives and how they differed to my daily struggles.

I am not happy with the grain in these shots, but sometimes you have to embrace the grain!!




No comments:

Post a Comment