Theme for the week was low light. I have always admired shots in this style. They feel as though you have captured something special and secret and normally unseen. The contrast is something to be played up and you have to work with shadows and consider the light source that you are working with or around. It is purely personal, however I prefer to convert these shots to be desaturated so contrast is heightened.
Our eldest son sleeps in a king single bed. He has this as we have spent many a night in there with him. However, he has rarely slept still and in a 'normal' position in his life - in both cot and bed. I am often having to re-position him so he is not sleeping upside down or lying across the bed at a 90 degree angle. I wanted to capture his sleeping within this weeks' theme.
A tripod is a must with low light photography so I worked with this, my remote and directional light. I used light from the bathroom that is across the hall from his bedroom and 'directed' it with both the bathroom and bedroom doors.
ISO250; f/4.0; 2" shutter speed

No comments:
Post a Comment