Friday, 8 February 2013

Challenge 52 : 6/52


I took a different take on the theme this week.  The theme was texture and I wanted to stay away from any shallow depth of field shots as we did that a couple of weeks ago.

This challenge is making me think about a setting and consider the light at all times at that setting.

I always love to admire the Northern Club in Auckland's CBD.  It is a private building/club that is covered in an ivy of some variety.  In Summer the leaves emerge and cover the entire building and in Winter the leaves are gone to reveal the ivy branches that stretch over the building.  I guess the building's gardener has their work cut out for them as they have to ensure that the ivy stays away from the doors and windows.  But for the old light over the front door, they must have given up the fight and have let it take over.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment