One thing I did learn is that it's difficult for a novice like me to get my camera to take the photo on the settings I want it to, when I'm using the self timer.
I'm standing behind the camera holding a 9 week old in my arms and push the shutter release button halfway. The camera focuses on what is in front of the lens, in this case, the couch that the 9 week old and I will soon be sitting on. But all the camera sees is a dark, plain space but in a few more seconds the 9 week old and I sit down and compromise what the camera was focussing on. Needless to say, I had a few attempts at trying to get it right.
| Jan 29th - hands |
![]() |
| Jan 30th - Pacifica |
| Jan 31st - chubby legs |
| Feb 1st - some lovin' |
| Feb 2nd - Jenma will kiss it better |
![]() |
| Feb 3rd - hiding |
| Feb 4th - flying shells |


oh my i LOVE the hands pic, beautiful. a tip on the focusing with self timer thing - place something there to focus on - even a towel or something), do the half way thing, then change your lens to manual. that way you can get the longer 10 second timer thing going which gives you more time to set yourself up, and the focus won't have changed seeing it is in manual mode. also take the image stabiliser off while its on the tripod otherwise it searches for movement in the photo (yeah I know makes no sense but for whatever reason it works?). awesome shot on the couch though, i love elliots expression :)
ReplyDeleteOK I'll have to try it again another week. Thank you teacher!!
DeleteI'm in love with Feb 1st - such a gorgeous expression :) Hope you're having a blast in Australia
ReplyDeleteThanks for that. I'm in little Aotearoa with Elliot while Gary and Ryan went to Sydney to see family over there. All back together now though.
DeleteReally love the 31st and 2nd - such 'real' pics. Bless his little face in the 2nd...want to cuddle him. Great pics.
ReplyDelete