One of my best friends is due to give birth to her second child in a couple of weeks. I asked if she would be willing to let me take some pregnancy photos of her. I know I need some portrait practice, so she was very willing to do this for me. Thanks Flattie xx. It can be a big ask to ask someone of 37 weeks pregnancy to get out of their comfy clothes and put on some make up at 4.30pm. I wasn't fully happy with what I got on the day (May 18th) so amazingly she was willing to do it all over again the next day and I'm much happier. Before we took photos on day 2, we looked back at what I had taken the day prior, what shots, poses and face angles worked best and got our groove on and were more relaxed the second day. My lovely model hasn't seen those shots yet, so once she does, she just might let me share some with you.
I joined Clickin Moms this week. This is a US based website/community with a title that is pretty self-explanatory. I've been reading some of their blogs and forums and maybe one day I'll share a photo with them for critiquing to help me out. One comment I did read on the site was from a fellow photog who is, like me, about 6 months into the "shooting in manual" journey. It can be too easy to think that you are not 'succeeding' at this when really we are. Anyway, I copied her comment down and that is how I will end this week's post and remind myself to come back and read it often:
"Have faith. Know you can do this. Know that your journey is just that.....uniquely yours. Be patient. Don't compare yourself to others. Shoot for yourself. Have fun".
![]() |
| May 13th - my Mum xx |
![]() |
| May 14th - dribbling dude |
![]() |
| May 15th - comb required |
![]() |
| May 16th - school pick up |
![]() |
| May 17th - in wonder |
![]() |
| May 18th - coming soon |
![]() |
| May 19th - knitted booties |







Awesome photo's! I especially love the school pick up, looking up at the mobile and the booties ones!
ReplyDeleteHey Jodie - In wonder and knitted booties are lovely pics!!
ReplyDeletewow the in wonder shot is completely nailed, awesome shot, well done to you! bet your friend was stoked to have those shots taken, it will be an awesome piece of memorabilia for her. hope your liking clickin moms but don't get as addicted as me!!
ReplyDelete