I'm not happy AT ALL with the focus on my shots this week. While there are no excuses for this, I am often taking a photo of a fast (and often uncooperative subject) while a baby is pulling at my camera strap or camera itself and trying to insert said strap or camera into his mouth. These things do not make my job any easier.
So back to the learning board with the following:
practice,
practice,
review my shots,
practice,
review my shots
patience
Sigh.
![]() |
| May 20th - gingerbread man |
![]() |
| May 21st - supermarket |
![]() |
| May 22nd - low rider |
![]() |
| May 23rd - leap to nature |
![]() |
| May 24th - happy b'day daddy xx |
![]() |
| May 25th - fun at Derry Downs |
![]() |
| May 26th - western springs |







Hey Jodie - just saw your post and thought I would leave you a message.
ReplyDeleteI think your pictures are fab and understand that we all go through love/hate relationships with our cameras from time to time.
If it helps, I did a photography course that suggested you shouldn't shoot children on anything less than a shutter speed of 100. I find that if I leave my camera set to this (when I turn it off) it means I'm more likely to be in a position to snap a "quickie" when I need to take a picture in a hurry (as in like 98% of the time before I am ambushed).
I loved May 23rd and 26th they're gorgeous :)
Thank you. A good tip. Still learning all about this manual thing. Been going back to the basics on manual focus selection and even back button focussing which I'm feeling far more comfortable with and getting the aspects I want in focus, in focus.
Delete