For those of you who are parents of pre-schoolers, I strongly recommend belonging to your local toy library. While there is an annual charge, the cost of hiring toys is minimal (anywhere from 50c to $2) per toy for a fortnight. Young kids get sick of toys very quickly and so this way we can get "new" toys in the house, play with them like mad and then return to borrow "new" toys. Kids also learn about looking after things, borrowing and sharing.
At our local toy library each parent has to 'work' at the library for 2 hours per term. This is easy as the kids can play with whatever toys they like and with other kids who come in to borrow toys, while you mind the shop, so to speak.
I haven't done a 'combo' (2 photos for the one day) this year. But for July 19th I have. I have always loved the shot of Ryan on his cubby hole at school and for once I was happy that I managed to get an OK shot indoors while he was being backlit by the window (and moving towards me)
![]() |
| Jul 15th - in wonder |
![]() |
| Jul 16th - he's off |
![]() |
| Jul 17th - late afternoon at the beach |
![]() |
| Jul 18th - shadows and lines |
![]() |
| Jul 19th #1 - school cubby hole |
![]() |
| Jul 19th #2 - classroom chaos |
![]() |
| Jul 20th - toy library |
![]() |
| Jul 21st - dazed |








Awesome pics Jodie!! July 15 and 16 and both the July 19 ones are awesome.
ReplyDeleteLove the 15th one... :-)
ReplyDelete