More of a challenge this week and I looked at myself rather than the boys.
Shot #1 : Self portrait
No retouching here. Here I am - bumps, wrinkles, scars and all. I have used a torch for lighting.
Shot #2 : Motherhood
One thing I have definitely learned over the past 3.5 years is that mother's guilt is prevalent in pretty much everything I do. I am often torn by what I am doing, thinking, buying, not doing, sleeping. If I'm watching TV, I know that I should really be folding the washing at the same time; while I'm working, I am thinking I should be at home playing with my boys; if I buy something for me, I'm often thinking I really should be buying something for the boys too.
I have come to accept that mother's guilt is now a constant part of my life and I am used to it being there. Do I like it? Not particularly. Do I use to beneficially? Sometimes. Do I understand that sometimes I have to put myself first to make me a better parent? I've read that, but I haven't managed to fully get my head around that yet. I might need a bit more time on that one.


No comments:
Post a Comment